Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Starting to see some purpose

     Well it has been a while since I have wrote, not much to tell on my health.  Last week on Wednesday and Thursday I felt strange and light headed.  Thursday morning I slept in til about 10 and that helped me feel better.  Other than that not much has changed. 
      I found out today that May is Brain Tumor Awareness month.  Never knew that it even existed.  Kind of hate that I had to find out by the fact I have one.  And along those lines, I have heard and met via email and facebook, alot of people that either have a brain tumor or has a loved one that does.  It is kind of like when you get a new car, and then all of a sudden it seems like everyone is driving one of them. Medical TV shows, the news and many other things have referenced a brain tumor alot lately. (Probably no more than they did before, but I tend to notice it now.)    Never in a million years did I think I would have brain cancer.  Now God has given me this to face, He has also given me a purpose through all of this as well.  Right now I think it is to encourage others that are facing the same thing I am.  Whether it is an encouraging conversation/email, prayer or to just be there for someone.  I have also challenged my community group to be that for our church.  Those that are not plugged into a community group already, but are coming to our church, I would like our group to be there for them in a time in need.  I hope we get many opportunities to fill in the gap when the need arises.  This is nothing new, this is just what God intends us to do, be there for each other. 
     Please continue to pray for my family and pray for me.  It was a great relief when we got the news that the tumor is slow growing, but it is still there.  Please pray for God to intervene in my life. Also, please pray that I get many opportunities to share my story with others as well as be there for those that are finding out for the first time.  Also, please pray for Natalee and also for Michael  both have brain tumors (Which are in worse shape than me) they both have a spouse and children.  They both really need our prayers. 
Thanks for reading, I appreciate each one of you it gives me strength knowing I have so many that care.

No comments:

Post a Comment