OK it sounds weird, but today is the 2 year anniversary of the start of symptoms which would one week later would be diagnosed as a inoperable brain tumor. During the last two years I have experienced lots of things....both bad and good. I have been in what seems like the depths of Hell for several months last year in a consuming depression. I have experienced being told I have something that will probably eventually kill me. Those things suck. But what makes it worth it all are the following
1) Having my whole church body surround me and pray for me.
2) Have people I don't know tell me that they have been praying for me.
3) Being able to pray with a good friend in a situation I would have fled from.
4) Sharing my story with people I don't know....in a hospital.....in a tattoo parlor....in Chic-fila
5) Taking every opportunity I can to actually stop and talk with others....when I ask "how are you doing?" stop and actually listen when they respond.
6) Learn what is more important in life and what is not.
7) Recently, being able to baptize someone from our community group (My new favorite)
8) Meeting many people who have either just found out, or have lived through excruciating chemo and surgery to survive one of the many types of Brain tumors and cheer each other on.
There are so many stories that I could go on and on about. God has moved in some miraculous ways just in the last two years. Much more than what I would have ever expected. To sum it up the best thing I have found that for the most part I am excited to get up and see what God has planned for me today. Whatever it is, I can live with that :)