Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Two month Checkup

Well today I went in for the day long 2 month check up.  Actually I had to go get a MRI and then wait for them to read it then go see my regular doctor at the Cancer center all of this took pretty much all day....but I digress.  I am pleased to know that my tumor has NOT grown and has NOT changed types.  Yes it is unfortunately still there, but other than disappearing this is the next best thing for me.  I had lots of questions for my doctor today since I had started venturing out and reading some about the type tumor I have.  I asked about Clinical trials which right now I do not qualify for. But she did tell me about some things that are on the horizon for Low grade tumors....including a vaccination which could help me which was encouraging.  Overall, I am very pleased with the  appointment, now my next appointment will be August 15 for my next two month check up.
       I have been very burdened lately, not for myself, but for people I have met lately as well as others.  I tried to explain it Sunday in our community group and I don't think I really explained it how I feel.  I really want to point everyone I meet to the Lord and tell them how great He is.  I don't want others that are Christian to tread water and waste so much of life like I did just making it through the day, instead of enjoying all that God has done for us.  Serving others and helping others has become a priority for me as well.  I can't always help everyone but I can try to help as many as possible.  Taking time to listen to others and to share what is going on in my life and how the Lord has been working on me has come to the fore  front as I believe God has given me this tumor for a reason and I want to leverage it to help others.  God has given each one of us a "story" leverage it to point others to him.

Thank you for praying for me and my family, please continue to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment